Merlin Entertainments Group Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Merlin Entertainments Group Limited of Link House, 25 West Street, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1LD.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your bookings including your credit/debit card details.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Your name, address, telephone number and/or email address in order to contact you with details of your booking or in the unlikely event that we need to contact you urgently about your booking.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. Your IP address may also be used to diagnose problems with our server, monitor visitor traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop and improve our site further.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
Your data will not be used in this way and we will not pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes unless you tick the relevant box located on our sign-up page
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Merlin Entertainments Group Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Website Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.shreksadventure.com (our site). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
www.shreksadventure.com is a site operated by Merlin Entertainments Group Limited (we or us). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 5022287 and we have our registered office at Link House, 25 West Street, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1LD.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards set out below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
- Photo/video galleries.
- Social media feeds.
- Customer service chat facilities.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
Terms and Conditions - Social Media
- This prize draw (the “Prize Draw”) is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over, excluding the Promoter’s agents, employees and their immediate family, and anyone else professionally connected to this Prize Draw. Persons entering the Prize Draw (each an “Entrant”) may be required to provide proof of name, age and address to validate that they meet these entry requirements.
- The Prize Draw opens at 09.30am (BST) on 28th May 2015 (“Opening Time”). All entries must be received prior to 9.30am (BST) on 14th June 2015 (“Closing Time”). In these Terms and Conditions, the period between the Opening Time and the Closing Time is referred to as the “Promotional Period”.
- To enter the Prize Draw, each Entrant must, during the Promotional Period, submit a picture of themselves through the Shrek Yourself app and then submit successfully their contact details using the onscreen form.
- The Entry Details must remain in full on Merlin Entertainment PLC possession for at least 48 hours after the Closing Time.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry that may be deemed inappropriate, offensive, discriminatory, and defamatory or whichotherwise breaches the House Rules.
- Within 24 hours after the Closing Time one (1) winner (the “Winner”) will be selected at random from all complete and eligible entries. The Winner will win the Prize defined in clause 8.
- Prize: 1x family ticket to Shrek’s Adventure! London, including 2x adult and 2x child admissions or 1x adult and 3x children.
- The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for a cash alternative or any other prize. The Promoter (as later defined) reserves the right to substitute the Prize with an alternative prize or prizes of equal or greater monetary value if this is deemed necessary due to reasons beyond the Promoter’s control. Transport and accommodation is not included.
- The Winners will be notified via email and asked to confirm their DOB via photo ID. Entrants who have not won a Prize will not receive notification that they have not won.
- Entrants must ensure that the email address they have used to enter is active and valid, and that they are contactable on the same for the entire Promotional Period and for at least 7 days after its end. This may involve adjusting privacy settings.
- Merlin Entertainment PLC reserves the right to select, modify and use submitted pictures via Shrek Yourself App for commercial purposes.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of any Entry. Entries must not be submitted through agents or third parties.
- If a Winner chooses not to or is not able, for any reason, to accept a Prize, or cannot be contacted within hours of the Closing Time [or does not provide a postal address] within 12 hours of notification that they have won, the Promoter reserves the right to award the relevant Prize to an alternative Entrant who shall be selected at random from all complete and eligible entries.
- The Promoter’s decisions shall be final and binding in all respects on all Entrants and the Promoter reserves the right not to enter into any correspondence with Entrants. Entries that do not comply in full with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- The Prize will be delivered to the Winners at the postal address they have provided, within 28 days of their confirmation of their postal address.
- The names and county of the Winners may be published online and will be available on request from the Promoter at the address below for up to 2 months after the Closing Time.
- The Winners hereby agree that the Promoter may use their name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes.
- If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any Entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, using multiple accounts, manipulating the Prize Draw, choice of Winner(s) or any entry) the Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any Entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If the Prize Draw is interfered with in any way, or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to a reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant, or to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Prize Draw.
- This Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By entering, Entrants acknowledge that Facebook bears no responsibility for this Prize Draw and Entrants fully and completely release Facebook from any liability whatsoever arising out of the Prize Draw.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any damage, loss, liability, or injury (save for personal injury or death caused by the Promoter’s negligence) caused by matters relating to this Prize Draw.
- By entering the Prize Draw, all Entrants consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of the Prize Draw and the Winners consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of advertising, promotion and/or publicity in connection with the Prize Draw.
- This Prize Draw, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Prize Draw.
- Promoter: The Promoter is Merlin Entertainment PLC, Link House, 25 West Street, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1LD. Company nr. 5022287