General terms and conditions
Shrek’s Adventure! London is a family attraction - children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult 18 or older. Shrek’s Adventure! reserves the right to refuse entry without explanation. Tickets purchased online or in advance are not to be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion, voucher or exchanged for cash. Ticket only redeemable at the attraction stated. Shrek’s Adventure reserve the right to alter, close or remove details/exhibits/rides without prior notice for technical, operational or other reasons, and that no refunds or price reductions can be given in these circumstances.
All tickets for the Shrek’s Adventure! whether they be purchased from the Shrek’s Adventure! directly, the Merlin Contact Centre, other Merlin Attractions or third party sellers are purchased on a non refundable and non transferable basis.
Shrek’s Adventure! and The Merlin Entertainments Group shall have no liability for any loss or damage arising on the premises, and accept no liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses incurred.
- Making your booking: The party leader must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these booking conditions by all persons named on the booking and by their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due to us. The party leader must be at least 18 when the booking is made. All bookings must be made online via the website. At the end of the booking process, you are asked to confirm that you have read and agree with our booking conditions. Your booking will be confirmed by a reference number or a print @ home ticket (if you select this option), we will reconfirm your booking by email. The confirmation is sent to the email address which you enter/provide at the time of making your booking. However if you have spam filtering on your email account, our email might not reach you.
Your email voucher will serve as proof of payment for your attraction ticket. If you are collecting your tickets at the attraction, you will need to present this confirmation email at the appropriate entrance to gain entry. You must take the confirmation email with you or you may not gain entry. If you selected the print @ home option, you must bring a printed version of your ticket with you. Please check your booking confirmation carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information on the confirmation appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later.
Please arrive within your designated 15 minute show time, failure to do so may result in an extended wait. If you need to collect your tickets at the attraction then please allow enough time to collect them before your show begins. Your confirmation alone, will not provide you with immediate entry into Shrek’s Adventure! Please note that your show time indicates your arrival time and that your show will begin shortly after, this may be extended in peak periods.
- Payment: Full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Your contract: A binding contract between us comes into existence when the final page of the booking confirmation procedure gives you a booking reference. For all payments made via this website, Merlin Attractions Operations Limited will be the responsible contractual party. This contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by English law.
- The cost of your ticket(s): We are committed to providing great value offers on tickets; where possible offering discounts on entrance rates. There are likely to be some seasonal special offers and in some circumstances prices may go up or down. The price of your ticket(s) will be confirmed at the time of booking.
We reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. We will do so as soon as we become aware of the error. A total price of your ticket(s) will be given before you confirm your booking which you may accept or not. All prices are for pre-booking and include VAT.
- Changes by you: Once a booking reference has been issued it will not be possible to amend or transfer your booking.
- Cancellation by you: Should you or any member of your party need to cancel your booking once it has been confirmed, the party leader must immediately advise us. All cancellations must be made through the call centre. As soon as you cancel, your unique confirmation email voucher will become void and non-redeemable. We regret it is not possible to make refunds in respect of cancelled bookings.
- Changes and cancellation by us: Occasionally, we have to make changes to and correct errors and other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed and cancel confirmed bookings and we must reserve the right to do so. If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options:
- accepting the changed arrangements or
- purchasing an alternative ticket offer from us. If the chosen alternative date is less expensive than your original one, we will refund the difference but if it is more expensive, we will not ask you to pay any more
- cancelling or accepting the cancellation in which case you will receive a full refund of all monies you have paid to us.
- Force Majeure: Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss (as more fully described in clause 9 (1) below) as a result of "force majeure". In these booking conditions, "force majeure" means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
- Our Liability to you
- We promise to make sure that the ticket arrangements we have agreed to make, perform or provide as applicable as part of our contract with you are made, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. This means that, subject to these booking conditions, we will accept responsibility if, for example, you suffer death or personal injury or your contracted arrangements are not provided as promised or prove deficient as a result of the failure of ourselves, our employees, agents or suppliers to use reasonable skill and care in making, performing or providing, as applicable, your contracted arrangements. Please note it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim against us. In addition, we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers).
- We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage arising including any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of the experience, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
- the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or
- the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of your visit and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or
- 'force majeure' as defined in clause 8.
- Please note, we cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which any supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised in our brochure and we have not agreed to arrange them.
- The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided.
- Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description (1) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or (2) which did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers. Additionally we cannot accept liability for any business losses.
- You must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require. You must also tell us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint as set out in clause 12 below. If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with us and our insurers if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred".
- Complaints and problems: In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your visit to an attraction, you must immediately inform the supplier of the service(s) in question. Any verbal notification must be put in writing as soon as possible. Until we know about a problem or complaint, we cannot begin to resolve it. You must write to our Guest Experience Team at the attraction you have visited, within 28 days of the end of the visit to the attraction giving your booking reference and full details of your complaint. For all complaints and claims which do not involve death, personal injury or illness, we regret we cannot accept liability if you fail to notify the complaint or claim entirely in accordance with this clause.
- Your Responsibilities: Bookings are accepted on the understanding that all persons travelling are normally in good health and able to fulfil the physical demands of the attraction visit. It is your responsibility to ensure all members of the party are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents before departure. We cannot accept any liability or associated costs if you are refused entry onto transport or into the attraction country as a result of failure to carry correct documentation.
- Conditions of Suppliers: Many of the services which make up your visit are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions (see clause 9 (3)). Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from the supplier concerned.
- Special Requests and Medical Problems: If you have any special request, you must advise us at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier, we regret we cannot guarantee any request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
- Call Monitoring and Recording: As part of our continuing effort to ensure you receive the highest service standards, we may monitor and record your call for training purposes.
- Directions: Please make sure you have directions to Shrek's Adventure! London; basic directions are also provided on your email voucher. Directions should be used in conjunction with an up to date map.
- Parking: Please check parking arrangements. Parking is always at the vehicle owner’s risk.
- Best Price Guarantee: Book more than 14 days in advance of your visit date and we guarantee that www.shreksadventure.com will have the lowest priced entrance tickets available. If you find a cheaper price within 7 days of booking, we will match it and refund the difference!
The best price guarantee is subject to availability and times of date. The ticket must be the same in all respects including date, time of entry and admission priority. Excludes offers conditional on buying other products, group bookings or discounted membership schemes. We guarantee the best prices whether you make your purchase in Euros or Sterling, however, due to currency variations we will not consider price comparisons between products purchased in different currencies.
- Shrek’s Adventure! Ticket Terms and Conditions: Prebooked tickets give you guaranteed entry.These can only be obtained through shreksadventure.com and the Merlin Contact Centre. All other tickets holders must book into specific timeslots on the day of arrival.
For general admission ticket holders, join the main queue and present your booking confirmation at admissions to gain entry to the attraction. (If in doubt please check first with an assistant at the door which queue to join.).
- Filming: Respectful non-flash photography and filming for personal use is permitted inside Shrek's Adventure! London but is prohibited in the following areas: The security screening area, toilet facilities and any other restricted area which will be signed accordingly.
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have introduced specific safety measures at each of our Attractions in an effort to safeguard the health, safety and well-being of persons visiting our Attractions.
A full list of safety measures being taken at our Attraction is available on the website.
The safety measures put in place in response to the Covid-19 pandemic are there to safeguard the safety and well-being of all guests visiting our Attraction. It is in the interest of everyone at our Attraction to comply with the safety measures that have been put in place. Therefore, should an individual not comply with these safety measures, we reserve the right to require that individual to leave the Attraction in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Acceptance of risk
The safety measures that are being and have been introduced are intended to minimise the risk of contracting the Covid-19 virus but this risk cannot be completely eradicated. Therefore, anyone visiting our Attractions acknowledge that they do so at their own risk.
UK Government Track and Trace
Merlin is in the leisure and entertainment industry, and therefore is required by the UK Government to collect the name of the lead member of the group and the number of people in the group, a contact phone number for the lead member of each group of visitors and the date of visit, arrival time and, where possible, departure time. This information will be shared with contract tracing schemes in order to support NHS Test and Trace and will only be used where necessary to help stop the spread of COVID-19. This sharing is based on legitimate interests of the visitors to our Attractions and the employees and staff at the Attractions, to ensure that we can protect the health and safety of individuals and support the public health efforts to tackle COVID-19.
London big ticket
Why do I need to select a time slot with my London Big Ticket?
When making a booking for a London Big Ticket, you will be asked to select your first attraction, visit date and time. The time you select is your arrival time to the attraction and you can arrive anytime within the 15 minute time slot.
The time slot you select is the time you need to arrive at Shrek's adventure! London, please be aware that there may be a wait time before your 70 minute tour begins. Queue times can sometimes differ depending on attendance levels and peak periods. We advise giving yourself 2 hours to complete the experience.
Attraction tickets purchased from another attraction, such as The London Eye, Sea Life London or Madame Tussauds must be booked into a show time before starting your tour. If you have purchased your combination ticket from another London attraction, you must follow this link https://www.merlinsmagicallondon.com/planyourvisit/ using your order number and email address. You will then be able to make your tour bookings. You have five opportunities to edit these dates before your visit date these dates before your visit date.
Please note - Any combination ticket purchased on the Shrek's Adventure! London website will need to use booking portal to book into all other attractions booked (apart from Big Bus they will be given a voucher for this at the tills which they can redeem for a date and time separately with BB themselves. This cannot be done on Booking Portal.
How does a London Big Ticket work?
With your Shrek's Adventure! London ticket, you can also add another Merlin London attractions to your purchase (Madame Tussauds London, SEA LIFE London, lastminute.com London Eye and The London Dungeon).
Select the date you wish to visit Shrek's Adventure! London, and then you'll have up to 90 days to visit the other London attractions. Which you will need to book timeslots to visit. Please follow the below steps to do this.
To book your London attraction visits please visit here
- Log in with your order number and email address.
- Pre-book your date and time of visit (within your 90 day validity). You also have the option of editing these bookings five times before visiting the attraction.
Please be advised that bookings are subject to the attractions availability and capacity on the day.
To purchase your London Big Ticket please click here.
- This prize draw (the “Prize Draw”) is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over, excluding the Promoter’s agents, employees and their immediate family, and anyone else professionally connected to this Prize Draw. Persons entering the Prize Draw (each an “Entrant”) may be required to provide proof of name, age and address to validate that they meet these entry requirements.
- By entering the Prize Draw, each Entrant agrees to be bound by
- these Terms and Conditions;
- the Policy Regarding Content included within the “Legal Policy” page on the Shrek’s Adventure! London page;
- the applicable terms and conditions of Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/policies
- The Prize Draw Closing Time will be stated in all related social media posts. In these Terms and Conditions, the period between the Opening Time and the Closing Time is referred to as the “Promotional Period”.
- The prize draw mechanic will be stated in the original published Facebook post..
- The Entry Details must remain in full on Merlin Entertainment PLC possession for at least 48 hours after the Closing Time.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry that may be deemed inappropriate, offensive, discriminatory, and defamatory or otherwise which breaches the House Rules.
- Within 24 hours after the Closing Time one (1) winner (the “Winner”) will be selected at random from all complete and eligible entries. The Winner will win the Prize defined in clause 8.
- Prize: One winner will be selected to win four tickets to Shrek's Adventure! London.
- The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for a cash alternative or any other prize. The Promoter (as later defined) reserves the right to substitute the Prize with an alternative prize or prizes of equal or greater monetary value if this is deemed necessary due to reasons beyond the Promoter’s control. Transport and accommodation is not included.
- The Winners will be notified via Facebook messenger or email. Entrants who have not won a Prize will not receive notification that they have not won.
- Entrants must ensure that they are contactable for the entire Promotional Period and for at least 7 days after its end. This may involve adjusting privacy settings.
- Merlin Entertainment PLC reserves the right to select, modify and use submitted pictures for commercial purposes.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of any Entry. Entries must not be submitted through agents or third parties.
- If a Winner chooses not to or is not able, for any reason, to accept a Prize, or cannot be contacted within hours of the Closing Time [or does not provide a postal address] within 12 hours of notification that they have won, the Promoter reserves the right to award the relevant Prize to an alternative Entrant who shall be selected at random from all complete and eligible entries.
- The Promoter’s decisions shall be final and binding in all respects on all Entrants and the Promoter reserves the right not to enter into any correspondence with Entrants. Entries that do not comply in full with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- The Prize will be delivered to the Winners at the postal address they have provided, within 28 days of their confirmation of their postal address.
- The names and county of the Winners may be published online and will be available on request from the Promoter at the address below for up to 2 months after the Closing Time.
- The Winners hereby agree that the Promoter may use their name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes.
- If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any Entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, using multiple accounts, manipulating the Prize Draw, choice of Winner(s) or any entry) the Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any Entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If the Prize Draw is interfered with in any way, or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to a reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify anyEntrant, or to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Prize
- This Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By entering, Entrants acknowledge that Facebook bears no responsibility for this Prize Draw and Entrants fully and completely release Facebook from any liability whatsoever arising out of the Prize
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any damage, loss, liability, or injury (save for personal injury or death caused by the Promoter’s negligence) caused by matters relating to this Prize Draw.
- By entering the Prize Draw, all Entrants consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of the Prize Draw and the Winners consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of advertising, promotion and/or publicity in connection with the Prize Draw.
- This Prize Draw, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Prize Draw.
- Promoter: The Promoter is Merlin Entertainment PLC, 3 Market Close, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1NQ. Company nr. 5022287
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (TERMS) CAREFULLY. BY HASH TAGGING [#SHREKSADVENTURELONDON, #SHREKSADVENTURE, #YESSHREKSADVENTURELONDON, #YESSHREKSADVENTURE] OR TAGGING [@SHREKSADVENTURE] YOU ARE CONFIRMING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS IN RELATION TO OUR USE OF YOUR CONTENT.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO OUR REQUEST TO USE YOUR CONTENT.
Who we are and how to contact us
Merlin Attractions Operations Limited (a Merlin Entertainments Group Company) operating under the name Shrek's Adventure! London is registered in England and Wales under the company number 6272935 whose registered office is Link House, 25 West Street, Poole, Dorset BH15 1LD.
What these terms cover
These are the terms and conditions on which you licence to Shrek's Adventure! London, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, its subcontractors, consultants and agents including without limitation Merlin Entertainments Limited (company number 08700412) (referred to as "Shrek's Adventure! London", "we" or "us") the use of all images and materials (including photographs, audio and video material) (Content), which is owned or licensed by you in whatever medium or form.
Term of this licence
This licence shall commence on the date that you indicate your acceptance of these Terms by placing a hash tag on the relevant social media platforms and/or emailing across content to Shrek's Adventure! London, agreeing to Shrek's Adventure! London's use of the Content.
Grant of licence
In consideration of Shrek's Adventure! London displaying your Content on a website connected with Shrek's Adventure! London or a website promoting 'Shrek's Adventure! London', you hereby unconditionally and irrevocably grant to Shrek's Adventure! London, a perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-transferable, royalty-free, worldwide, sub-licensable licence to use, copy, reproduce, modify, transmit, publish, edit, display and make derivative works of the Content on any media now known, or hereafter developed, in formats and contexts for any purpose including but not limited to the promotion of the service or related business activities and the right to make commercial use of the Content and excerpts of the Content in advertisements for, and in marketing and promotional materials related to, Shrek's Adventure! London (the "Licensed Rights").
You hereby waive any and all moral rights or similar rights that you may have in the Content and understand that Shrek's Adventure! London shall be under no obligation to credit you or publically acknowledge your rights in the Content.
Your rights in the Content
You retain all rights in the Content and nothing in these Terms shall be taken to grant any rights to Shrek's Adventure! London in relation to ownership of the Content.
You understand that in providing us with the Licensed Rights, Shrek's Adventure! London shall have absolute discretion in whether it uses the Content and shall not be obliged to use, distribute, display or make derivative works of the Content.
Each party warrants to the other that it has full power and authority to enter into these Terms.
You warrant to Shrek's Adventure! London that you:
- Own or control all the rights necessary to grant Shrek's Adventure! London the Licensed Rights referred to above;
- the Content does not infringe the rights of any third party (including without limitation copyright, moral rights, privacy rights and publicity rights);
- and you have obtained all relevant consents, releases and waivers to permit the public distribution of the Content;
- the Content does not infringe any third party's intellectual property rights, other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- the Content does not contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, cancel bots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
Limitation of remedies and liability
Nothing in these Terms shall operate to exclude or limit either party's liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by its negligence; or
- any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or
- any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Transfer of rights to someone else
You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree to this in writing. However, we may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation.
Any notice or other communication given to a party under or in connection with these Terms shall be in writing and shall be by pre-paid first-class post or other next working day delivery service at its registered office (if a company); or sent by email to the address specified in above (in relation to us) or the email address used on the social media website for which we obtained your Content.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, licences, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between them, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
Nobody else has any rights under this contract
No one other than the parties, their successors and permitted assignees, shall have any right to enforce any of its terms.
Variation to these Terms
No variation of these Terms shall be effective unless it is in writing and signed by the parties (or their authorised representatives).
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
These Terms and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with its subject matter or formation are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) that arises out of or in connection with these Terms or its subject matter or formation.
Subject to the below, you have the right to revoke your consent to the use of your Content. If you wish to revoke consent, please contact the email address in the Contact and Complaints clause below.
You acknowledge that whilst you can revoke your consent and prevent the use of your Content in future projects, it may not be possible for your Content to be completely removed from some materials, including but not limited to, physical marketing materials already in circulation.
Contact and Complaints
The primary point of contact for all issues arising from this Policy, including requests to exercise data subject rights, is Merlin’s Data Protection Officer. The Data Protection Officer can be contacted in the following way:
To exercise your data subject rights, please complete the request form available here.